Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Beginnings: The moment


From the personal diary of Cumfort, June 2005
"It starts as a glance- A moment. A small smile. The brushing of hair away from her brow. The licking of lips. Moistly ready. Delicate movements. Subtle- but telling.
She was sitting at the bookstore cafe directly across from me. I was watching her for the previous half hour wondering if she was catching my stare- She looked uncomfortable- unsure of my intentions.
My intentions were clear to anyone watching me। I wanted her- I wanted her with every fiber of my being. The eyes, the black shoulder length hair, the small breasts and the long legs. It was all there- ripe for the taking.
She pretended to be working on a stack of papers। Her eyes darted around the pages. She
wasn't reading them. I laughed to myself. Was she wondering who I was. Did I mean her danger? Was I stalking her? I probably was, but in my mind- all I felt was heat. I had to be carfeful, I didn't want to scare her, too much- There is a moment in every seduction that allows you to move forward or backwards. Now was not the moment. She had to know the desire was there- but she also had to know she was safe too.
As it would turn out, there would be more than enough time..."
C-

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

Very nice start!! I'm impressed with the stark beauty of this early visual...I think your writing is very good. I hope you'll keep at it.

Unknown said...

Most women... Always know all the men who are watching them. The question is what they want to do with the knowledge. And sometimes it takes time to decide.

I love this post. It makes me reflect on so many times I've been watched. Times I invite. Times I reject. Times when sparks fly. And once when I truly was unaware for much longer than usual.